The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the general counseling tips for all Atypical Antipsychotics?
- - Reduce response to hot or cold
- - Notice hunger, thirst or urinary change call doc
- - Do not treat colds, diarrhea or allergies OTC
- - Watch for worsening mood or depression
How should a patient on Atypical Antipsychotics be monitored?
- Neurological function
- Serum Cholesterol
- Blood glucose
- Why Not Live Somewhere Beautiful
What are the dosage forms for Seroquel?
What special points should you know about Seroquel?
- Extensive liver metabolism – dose reduce
- Eye exams Q6Months – cataracts
- Off for 1 week – re-titrate
Should Seroquel be given with or without food?
- IR- give with or without food
- XR – give with or without small meal of 300 calories
What are the indications for Seroquel?
- Off label: sleep and anxiety
What is the indication for Olanzapine?
- Psychotic disorders
What are the dosage forms for Olanzapine?
What special points should you know about Olanzapine?
- ODT contains aspartame
- So, CI in phenylketonuria
What are the dosage forms for Risperdone?
- Tab (risperdone)
- Dissolving Tab (Risperdal M-tab)
- Long acting injection (Risperdal Consta)
- Oral solution (Risperdal)
What are the dosage forms for Abilify?
- Abilify Discmelt
- Oral solution
What are the indications for Abilify?
Schizophrenia and Bipolar
What are the dosage forms available for CLorazil?
- 25 mg and 100 mg Tabs
- Fazaclo Oral dissolving tablet and oral tablet
What is the benefit of Clorazil?
- Low EPS
- Good efficacy in refractory
What are the cons of Clorazil?
- CV and respiratory
- Mortality in elderly with dementia
What monitoring should be performed for Clorazil?
- Q1week x 6 months
- Q2weeks x 6 months
- Qmonthly thereafter
When should Clorazil be stopped?
- WBC <3000 or ANC <1000
- Never restart if: WBC <2000 or ANC <500
What drugs can cause depression?
- Steroids/adrenocorticotropic hormone
- Hydralazine hydrochloride
- Oral contraceptives
- Guanethidine sulfate
- All drugs can sometimes make regular people have inferior or great intuition