Fort Parker Massacre (May 19th 1836)
- John parker moved his family onto the plains under the impression that it was ok because of their interaction with other native american groups not knowing that it was actually that the comanche presided
- the parkers were approached by hundreds of comanche on may 19th
- john and cylis parker tried to stall while everyone else escaped.
- some were killed, while others escaped
- sisters Rachel Plummer (ransomed out) and Cynthia Ann Parker (assimilated) were kidnapped