The Council House Fight and a Declaration of War
- Originally proposed as a treaty to sue for peace along the frontier and negotiate for captives
- Chief Muguara brought Matilda Lockhart who was captive that was tortured
- sparked outrage from the council demanding that all western captives be released
- this broke out into a fight
- In response the the Great Raid was led by Chief (Buffalo Hump) included 3000 mounted warriors declaring war against Texas
- a few warriors branched out and burned linville to the ground ransacking their money and so the texas rangers were able to regain the loot.