Battle of adobe wall (I & II)
red river war
battle of palo duro canyon
- emerged as a war chief
- refused reservation life
- he was the last comache warrior to enter reservation
- Battle of Adobe Walls (First Battle) - Kit Carson was tasked to invade comancheria like john ford had done before technically illegally, but it was no longer problematic by this time to do so
- K.Carson attacks a camp of other native americans who then run off to the comanche's informing them of this. 1000 comanche's vs. 300 calvary - carson had the use of Howitzers to his advantage. Both sides fought and retreated out and yet both claimed victory.
- Second Battle (1874) - quanah parker actively participated in this. new weapon technology was used at this time.
- The Red River War - initiated by Isa-tai (White Eagle) who suggested that he was invincible to bullets - he led a large frontier of raids. Captain/Colonel Ranald MacKenzie was tasked to pursude comanche to go onto the reservations. Isa tai basically gives up but quanah does not. basically a cat and mouse game between the two.
- Battle of Palo Duro Canyon - brought an end to red river way when quanah parker agrees to go onto a reservation.