Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the symptoms of depression?
- low, loa
- social isolation
- suicidal thoughtsloss of interest
- symptoms of psychosis
- poor concentration
- decreased function
- psychomotor retardation/agitation
- decreased self esteem
- low mood
- anhedonia -> no pleasure
what are the clinical features of generalised anxiety disorder?
- - persistent tension, anxiety and worry over everyday events
- - accompanied by somatic symptoms
- - worry tends to be uncontrollable and disabling
what are the clinical features of panic disorder?
- - recurrent, sudden, unexpected and unpredictable
- - fear (dying, going crazy, losing control)
- - embarrassment and self-consciousness
- - peaks within minutes
- - fight or flight prominent
- - fear increases as anticipates future attacks and starts to avoid situations
- - can lead on to agoraphobia
what is the triad of anxiety disorders?
what is the management of GAD?
- cognitive therapy
- relaxation and midnfulness/attention training
- address co-morbidity and depression if present
- refer if:
- - diagnostic uncertainty
- - pt fails to respond to treatment
- - complex medical problems
- - troublesome se's
- - hospitalisation indicated eg inability to fn or suicide risk
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview