Card Set Information
what are the symptoms of depression?
loss of interest
symptoms of psychosis
decreased self esteem
anhedonia -> no pleasure
what are the clinical features of generalised anxiety disorder?
- persistent tension, anxiety and worry over everyday events
- accompanied by somatic symptoms
- worry tends to be uncontrollable and disabling
what are the clinical features of panic disorder?
- recurrent, sudden, unexpected and unpredictable
- fear (dying, going crazy, losing control)
- embarrassment and self-consciousness
- peaks within minutes
- fight or flight prominent
- fear increases as anticipates future attacks and starts to avoid situations
- can lead on to agoraphobia
what is the triad of anxiety disorders?
what is the management of GAD?
relaxation and midnfulness/attention training
address co-morbidity and depression if present
- diagnostic uncertainty
- pt fails to respond to treatment
- complex medical problems
- troublesome se's
- hospitalisation indicated eg inability to fn or suicide risk