The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- cold intellect
- heart and morality are dead but hes smart
- protagonist has trouble b/c hes steps ahead of them
- seeking revenge or retaining power
- friends at first, but eviiilll
- dark hair
- men may have a chance to obtain her
- downfall once they do
- fun, intelligent, and loyal but dangerous
tragic hero(winston, oedipus,
- must be noble
- doomed from the start
- story arouse fear and pity
- have free choice to some degree
- tragic flaw
- underdog and follower of self reliance
- unacceptable to general society
- moral center strong and admirable
- not innocent, but protect it in others
- teach bad boy how to be a good man
- not from same social class but can still talk to him
emasculates her husband
- usually red headed
- innocent and trusting
- bad boy protects her but she protects herself
- bring others truth or knowledge
- make others aware of beauty
- have some power over life and death
- act as confessors or grant absolution
- unable to think freely
- come into conflict with society
- leads to madness or destruction
- deterioration of some kind unless they decide to disassociate them from society
Who wrote the road?
who wrote 1984?
who wrote titus?
who wrote oedipus?
who wrote ordinary people?