The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what causes Diphtheria
Corynebacterium diphtheriae, a facultative anaerobic Gram-positive
Symptoms of of Diphtheria
sore throat, low fever, membraneon the tonsils, pharynx, and/or nasal cavity can be restricted to the skin.
Diphtheria is spread
by droplets or direct contact
- anti toxin
- anti bacteria
What causes pertussis
- bacterium Bordetella pertussis.
- also know as whooping cough
Signs and symptoms of pertussis
- mild coughing, sneezing, or runny nose
- two weeks, the coughing develops into uncontrollable fits, each with five to ten forceful coughs,
Transmission of pertussis
discharge from mucus membranes
Vaccine for petussis
what is next? Bordetella pertussis infects its host by colonizing lung epithelial cells.
- Once anchored, the bacterium produces tracheal cytotoxin, which stops
- the cilia from beating. This prevents the cilia from clearing debris
- from the lungs
Bacterial pneumonia is a type of pneumonia associated with bacterial infection
Sign and symptoms of Bacterial pneumonia
- Chest pain
- Pneumococcal pneumonia can cause Hemoptysis
What is the most common pneumoniae
Treatment for Bacterial Pneumonia
clarithromycin, azithromycin, or fluoroquinolones