Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How does the American Nurses Association define nursing?
Nursing is the protection, promotion and optimization of health and abilities; prevention of illness and injury; alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response; and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, communities and populations.
What are the American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Standards of Nursing Practice?
- 1. Assessment
- 2. Diagnosis
- 3. Outcomes Identifications
- 4. Planning
- 5. Implementation
- a. Coordination of Care
- b. Health Teaching and Treatment
- c. Evaluation
- 6. Evaluation
What is the purpose of these standards?
They serve as the foundation of clinical decision making and includes all significant actions taken by nurses in providing care to patients.
What is the purpose of the ANA Standards of Professional Performance?
Provide a method to assure patients that they are receiving high-quality care, that the nurses know exactly what is necessary to provide nursing care, and that measures are I place to determine whether care meets the standards.
What are the different roles of todays nurse and in what ways can a nurse develop their career?
- a. Autonomy and accountability
- b. Caregiver
- c. Advocate
- d. Educator
- e. Communicator
- f. Manager
- Nurse can develop career by continuing their education which expands their roles. Some paths include APRNs, nurse researchers, nurse risk managers, quality improvement nurses, consultants and business owners.
What is QSEN and how does it affect nursing care?
- QSEN is Quality and Safety Education Nurse: It addresses the challenge to prepare nurses with the competencies needed to continuously improve the quality of care in their environment. It encompasses the competencies of:
- a. patient-centered care: involve family in care; Elicit patient values and preferences
- b. teamwork and collaboration: caregivers work together and communicate with family as well
- c. evidence-based practice: integrate best current evidence
- d. quality improvement: use data to monitor outcome and use improvement to continually improve quality care
- e. safety: minimize risks through both system effectiveness and individual performance
- f. informatics: use information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate errors and support decision-making.
- It affects nursing care by improving it.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview