The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
•A.B.Guthrie was named Alfred Bertram: born Jan. 13, 1901, Bedford, Ind.,U.S.—died April 26, 1991, Choteau, Mont.
- •The author called himself "Bud" because he felt that Alfred Bertram was
- "a sissy name.”
Where he lived and worked
- •Guthrie lived in Montana but traveled to California and New York for an number of jobs, he worked
- for 20 years for the Lexington Leader newspaper in Kentucky
Award for Way West
- •He was an award winning writer who wrote about the wild west, his book “The Way
- West” (1949) won a Pulitzer Prize
- •Guthrie also worked in the film business where he was a screen writer for the movie
- Shane (1953) which is a classic western film