The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does AVPU stand for?
- Verbal stimulation
- Pain stimulation
Which mnemonic(s) is (are) for the initial assessment?
LISA and ABCs
What does LISA stand for?
- Life threats--address life threats/chief complaints
- Impression--your general impression of the situation
- Stabilize--stabilize the cervical spine
- AVPU--evaluate responsiveness and level of consciousness (LOC)
What are the steps for Scene Size Up?
- Safety--ensure that the scene is safe for you and your partner.
- MOI or NOI--determine the MOI or NOI.
- How many patients are there?
- Determine if any additional resources are needed (ALS, fire department, police, etc.)
What are the ABCs?
Airway (OSO), Breathing (IPASSO2), and Circulation (PBSS or VCRSS)
What is OSO?
- Open--open the airway
- Suction--remove anything obstructing the airway
- Keep open--use an OPA or NPA to keep the airway open
What is IPASSO2?
- Inspect--look for injury
- Palpate--feel for broken bones, etc.
- Seal holes--cover with occlusive dressing
- Stabilize--stabilize any impaled objects
- O2--give the patient O2
What is PBSS/VCRSS?
- Carotid pulse/capillary refill
- Radial pulse
After you complete the ABCs, what must you then do?
Identify priority patient and decide whether to "stay and play" or "load for the road."