Notes 001 mnemonics and notes from first lab part 1 #1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does AVPU stand for?
- Verbal stimulation
- Pain stimulation
Which mnemonic(s) is (are) for the initial assessment?
LISA and ABCs
What does LISA stand for?
- Life threats--address life threats/chief complaints
- Impression--your general impression of the situation
- Stabilize--stabilize the cervical spine
- AVPU--evaluate responsiveness and level of consciousness (LOC)
What are the steps for Scene Size Up?
- Safety--ensure that the scene is safe for you and your partner.
- MOI or NOI--determine the MOI or NOI.
- How many patients are there?
- Determine if any additional resources are needed (ALS, fire department, police, etc.)
What are the ABCs?
Airway (OSO), Breathing (IPASSO2), and Circulation (PBSS or VCRSS)
What is OSO?
- Open--open the airway
- Suction--remove anything obstructing the airway
- Keep open--use an OPA or NPA to keep the airway open
What is IPASSO2?
- Inspect--look for injury
- Palpate--feel for broken bones, etc.
- Seal holes--cover with occlusive dressing
- Stabilize--stabilize any impaled objects
- O2--give the patient O2
What is PBSS/VCRSS?
- Carotid pulse/capillary refill
- Radial pulse
After you complete the ABCs, what must you then do?
Identify priority patient and decide whether to "stay and play" or "load for the road."
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview