Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- intravenous piggyback
- medications are given in addition to the primary infusion
- IVPBs are superimposed to the primary line
- "IV riders"
- concentrated medications are given directly into the vein over a few minutes via a syringe
- ex: catheter
- main IV line
- delivers continuously prescribed solutions to the patient
- using routes other than oral route to delivers medications
- ex: intramuscular (IM)
- subcutaneous (SC)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview