The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Excitatory neurotransmitter that triggers muscle contraction and excretion of certain hormones. Involved in wakefulness, attentiveness, anger, aggression, sexuality and thirst among others.
- -Alzheimer's disease - lack of acetylcholine in certain regions of the brain
- Involved in controlling movement and posture; plays a central role in dependencies and positive reinforcement.
- -Decreased levels is associated with muscle rigidity and Parkinson's disease
- Inhibitory neurotransmitter contributing to motor control, vision and many cortex functions.
- -Decreased levels of GABA is associated with epilepsy and Huntington's disease
- Excitatory neurotransmitter involved with learning and memory.
- -Also associated with Alzheimer's disease
- Involved in attentiveness, emotions, sleeping, dreaming and learning.
- -Plays a role in mood disorders such as manic depression
- Involved in body temperature regulation, sleep, mood, appetite and pain .
- -Depression, suicide, impulsive behavior and aggressiveness all involve imbalance in serotonin