Nose, Mouth, Throat
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
smooth gray nodule, can block patency
Parotid Gland has the
Submandibular gland has the
- spots on the buccal mucosa
- NORMAL FINDING
- ridge on palate
- normal finding
What are you looking for to rule out oral cancer?
white patches or induration on tongue or under tongue
- tongue should come out midline
- if nerve is affect on R side, the tongue will go towards the R
- Uvula rises and falls midline
- 1+, visible
- 2+ halfway to uvula (normal in adult)
- 3+, almost touching uvula (normal in children)
- 4+ touching each other, could be emergency
What does viral pharyngitis look like?
pharynx is red and cobble stoned
bacterial pharyngitis signs/symptoms
- fever, sore throat, may have ear pain
- needs antibiotics
When does salivation start in infancy?
how many deciduous (temporary teeth) are there?
What is a normal finding of a lymph nodes
- not being able to feel it
- soft, movable, and small
How to detect for thyroid cancer
- 1 nodule in thyroid
- multi nodules are normal
thyroid is working normally
What is a fontanel?
soft spot in infants
What is a toturous temporal artery?
an artery that sticks out
When do the fontanels close?
- 1 on top - 12-18months
- 1 on back- 6 weeks- 2months
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview