The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- describe a population in terms of its size, distribution, and structure
- demographics influence consumption behavior both directly and by affecting other attributes.
variables of demographics
- population size- is it growing or decreasing
- Occupation- most widely applided single cue we use to initially evaluate and define individuals we meet
- baby boomers- 1951 to 1969, you break this group down physical heath and mental outlook.
- generation x- 1965 to 1976
- generation y - 1977 to 1994
- generation z - 1995 to 2009
age cohort and generation
is a group of persons who have experienced a common social, political , historical, and economic environment
social stratification and structure
Baby boomer stereotypes (boomers are largest generational segment in America but also one of the most diverse)
- boomers are self-centered- "me generation" was created for baby boomers, however many boomer are much more socially and environmentally conscious than label suggest.
- boomers are not tech savvy- more than 80% are online.
- boomer are married empty nesters- only 25% of boomer are empty nesters.
- Boomer all retiring early and wealthy- over half the boomer plan to work beyond retirement age