Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
FTP(File Transfer Protocol) TCP Layer 7
SSH (Secure Shell), SFTP(Secure File Transfer Protocol), and SCP(Secure Copy Protocol) All are TCP Layer 7
Telnet Layer 7 TCP
SMTP(Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) TCP Layer 7
DNS( Domain Name Service) Layer 7 TCP
- HTTP(Hypertext Transfer Protocol) Layer 7
- HTTPS(Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) Layer 7
Kerberos- An authentication scheme that uses tickets(unique keys) embedded within messages. UDP
What is it used for?
- POP3(Post Office Protocol) version 3
- Used to download email from a SMTP
NNTP( Network News Transport Protocol) TCP Layer 7
NTP (Network Time Protocol) TCP Layer 7
Port 137, 139
NetBIOS(Network Basic Input/Output System) TCP Layer 5
Port 67, 68
DHCP(Dynamic Host Control Protocol) UDP Layer 7
TFTP(Trivial File Transfer Protocol) Layer 7 UDP
Port 1812, 1813
Radius(Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service) Layer 5
PPTP(Point to Point Tunneling Protocol) TCP Layer 2
L2TP( Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol) Layer 2
IPsec(Internet Protocol Security)Layer 3
RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol)should always be block by the firewall rule for inbound traffic
PORT 161, 162
SNMP(Simple Network Management Protocol) UDP
Which Protocols provide Loop protection?
- STP Spanning Tree Protocol
- RSTP Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
What are two examples of Port Security?
Disabling unused ports and MAC address filtering
What are ACLs?
Where are they implemented?
- Access Control Lists
- on Routers and firewalls
Port 860 and 3260
- iSCSI and iSCSI (Default)
- Internet Small Computer System Interface
- links computers & peripheral devices
TACACS+ (Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System
What is FCP?
Fiber Channel Protocol
What is FCoE?
- Fiber Channel over Ethernet
- Layer 3 protocol and requires 10Gbps thernet to support it
What is the purpose of a Proxy Server?
- To forward requests for services. Ex: HTTP
- It also improves performance over the network by cache web content
Describe the OSI Model
- Layer 1-Physical
- Layer 2-Data Link
- Layer 3-Network
- Layer 4-Transport
- Layer 5-Session
- Layer 6-Presentation
- Layer 7-Application
What are the Email Protocols?
- SMTP port 25, POP3 port 110, IMAPv4 port 143
- all TCP
What are the Encryption Protocols?
SSH, SCP, SSL, TLS, IPsec
What are the Application Protocols?
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, FTPS, Telnet, SNMP, NetBIOS, LDAP, Kerberos, Microsoft SQL server, RDP
What is an IDS?
What are the different types?
- Intrusion Detection System- helps detect attacks on systems and networks.
- HIDS, NIDS, anomaly-based/heuristic-based, passive, active IDS.
IDS and IPS include what?
What are the examples of a DNS Record Types?
- A-Returns a 32-bit IPv4 address
- CERT-Certificate Record
- NS-name servers
- AAAA- IPv6 Address Record
What is DNS poisoning?
Incorrect DNS data that is introduced into a primary DNS server
What is Tunneling?
- Virtual dedicated connection between two systems or networks
- Sends private data across a public network by encapsulation
- Most popular:L2TP
What types of authentication is used in L2TP?
What protocol does it use to provide encryption?
- PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, OR EAP-TLS
- IPSec-Internet Protocol Security
What is PPP
Point-to-Point Protocol- No Encryption
What is a VPN?
- Virtual Private Network
- established via Tunneling Protocols
What does IPsec use to find IPv6 addresses
NDP Neighbor Discovery Protocol
What does IP protocol #50 and 51 represent?
50 represents Encapsulating Security Payload(ESP) Uses AES, 3DES or DES
- 51 represents Authentication Header(AH)
- Uses HMAC with SHA-1 or MD5
What are they referring to with SA?
Security Association regarding IPSec
What is ISAKMP?
Internet Security Association and Key Management Protocol
- Internet Key Exchange
- based on two protocols ISAKMP and Oakley
_____ Allows many hosts to share a single IP address by multiplexing streams differentiated by TCP/UDP port numbers
PAT Port Address Translation
____ converts private ip addresses into a public address
NAT Network Address Translation
What are the three types of NAT's?
- Dynamic NAT
- Static NAT
- Port Address NAT
____ is a single device that handles large numbers of VPN Tunnels
- VPN Concentrator
- SSL or IPSec
____ contains public facing servers
___ internal network
___segment of your network set aside for trusted partners, organizations
_____ unsecured security zone
______ is a security appliance that combined multiple security controls into a single solution.
UTM Unified threat management
____ has the ability to prevent some flooding DoS attacks
What are the three layers of Cloud Computing?
- Software as a Service(application)
- Platform as a Service(platform)
- Infrastructure as a Service (infrastructure)
- Monitoring as a Service
- Platform as a Service
- Software as a Service
Takes no action
What are the two methods of IDS?
Signature Based & Anomaly-based or Heuristic
___evaluates system security status before connecting to the network
Network Access Control
Network Access Control (NAC) covers what?
- Anti-virus status
- System update level
- Configuration settings
- Software firewall enabled
Which Wireless Standard follows NIST and FIPS 140-2 compliance
- NIST stands for National Institute of Standards