The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
_______encryption uses the same key to encrypt and decrypt.
________encryption solves the key distribution problem.
Which type of encryption is slower than the other?
Asymmetric is 100 times slower than Symmetric
_______ encrypt one character of data at a time.
What are the two types of Ciphers?
Block and Stream
what is the block size and key size
- Advanced Encryption Standard
- block size 128 key size 128, 192, and 256
____ is the concept that a sender cannot deny sending a message.
____ provides integrity to a message being sent.
_____ and ____ are the most common hashing algorithms.
MD5 and SHA-1
____ Provides Authenticity to Hashed messages.
HMAC-Hashed based Message Authentication Code
Explain the following:
- MD5-creates 128-bit hashes
- SHA-1-creates 160-bit hashes
- SHA-2 creates 224-,256-,384-, or 512-bit hashes
- HMAC-MD5- creates 128-bit hashes while authenticating
- HMAC-SHA1- creates 160-bit hashes while authenticating
____ is a symmetric block cipher that was widely used for many years, dating back to 1970's. It encrypts data in 64-bit blocks.
DES (Data Encryption Standard)
_____is a strong symmetric block cipher that encrypts data in 128-bit blocks.
AES (Advanced Encryption Standard)
What are some uncommonly used Hashing Algorithms
RIPEMD, LANMAN, NTLM
Cryptography provides 4 essential services which are ______?
_____ is considered the fastest of the symmetric algorithms.
- International Data Encryption Algorithm
- 64-bit block cipher
- 128-bit key length