The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the Open System Interconnect (OSI) model?
- Data Link
- (remember: All People Seem To Need Data Processing)
What is Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)?
- Use for Ping and trace route.
- Example returns:
- 0-Echo Reply
- 3-Destination unreachable
- 8-Echo fail
What's the difference between Ping and Traceroute?
- Ping: Sends message to verify if two clients can talk
- Traceroute: Tells you all points between two clients.
Fill in the blanks:
Well Known Ports:_____
Dynamic or Ephemerial Ports:_____
What are the IP ranges for each class?
- A: 0.0.0.0 - 127.255.255.255
- B: 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11
- C: 192:0.0.0 - 18.104.22.168
- D: 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199(multicasting)
- E: 240.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255(experimental)
- Loopback: 127.x.x.x
What are some advantages of subnetting?
- Decreased network traffic
- Broadcast limited to individual subnets
- Improved troubleshooting
- Faster to trace a problem on a subnet
- Improved utilization of addresses
- No wasted IPs
- Customization of number of hosts on a subnet
What are the IPv4 private network addresses?
Automatic private IP addressing:
- A: 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
- B: 172:16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
- C: 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255
- Auto: 169.254.0.0 - 169.254.255.255