The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Short term- what is ontop of your mind
- STM is short lived
- STM has limited capacity
- Elaborative Activities occur in STM
- Long-Term- this is what you remember (file cabinets)
- Schemas- a pattern of such associations around a particular concept. schems sometimes called knowledge structure
- Scripts- memory of how an action sequence should occur.
Learning and involvement
- conditioning- a set of procedures that marketers can use to increase the chances that an association between 2 stimuli is formed or learned. shaping- process of encouraging partical respones leading to a final desired response (consume a free sample, buy a discount)
- cognitive learning- encompasses all the mental activities of humans as they work to solve a problem
cognitive learning 324
- iconic rote learning- learning a concept or the association between two or more concepts in the absence of conditioning
- vicarious learning- this is ob severing the out come of others and changing behavior
- analytical- (most complex) is an inference process that allows process that allows consumer to use existing knowledge base to understand a new situation or objective.
strength of learning enhancements 328- 331
- message involvements
- dual coding
Brand image & Product positioning define
- brand image- schematic memory of a brand
- product positioning- is a decision by a marketer to try to achieve a defined brand image relative to competition within a market segment