chapter 10 motivation exam 2 405
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
nature of motivation (define)
- motivation- is the reason for a behavior.
- motive- inner force that stimulates and compels a behavior response and provides direction.
- self actualization
- is the mode of motivation cognitive or affective
- is the motive focused on preservation of status quo or on growth
- is behavior active or in response to the environment
- does the behavior help the individual achieve internal or external relationship to the environment
motivation theory & marketing strategy
- manifest- motives that are know and freely admitted
- latent- unknown to the consumer or were such that she was reluctant to admit them.
Marketing Strategies based on motivation of conflict
- approach-approach conflict- A consumer who must choose between two attractive alternative faces
- approach-avoidance conflict- a consumer facing purchasing choices with both positive and negative consequence
- avoidance-avoidance- a choice that only has understandable outcomes
personality- an individual's characteristics response tendencies across similar situations.
personality (Multi trait) know
- Instability -
- openness to experience-
personality (single trait)
- ethnocentrism- individual difference in consumer to be biased against the purchase of foreighn product
- need for cognition- difference in consumers propensity to engage in and enjoy thinking
- need for uniqueness- to pursue differentness relative to others though
use of personality in marketing
user imagery- showing a typical user along with images of the types of activities they engage in while using the brand
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview