Chapter 14 M405 exam 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
types of purchase decisions
- Nominal Decision- habitual decision making, involves no decision per se (Brand loyal, repeat purchase)
- Limited Decisions- involves internal and limited external, few alternatives, simple decision rules on a few attributes, and little post purchase evaluations.
- Extended Decisions- extensive internal and external information search followed by a complex evolution of multip alternatives.
types of consumer decisions (purchase involvement, product involvement)
Purchase involvement- the level of concern for, or interest in, the purchase process triggered by the need to consider a particular purchase.
big influencer of which type of process used
process of problem recognition
is the result of a discrepancy between a desired state and an actual state that is sufficient to arouse and activate the decision process.
factors that affect desire to resolve a problem
- Magnitude of discrepancy between desired and actual state.
- relative importance of problem
types of consumer problems
- active problem- the consumer is aware they have a problem
- inactive problem- consumer is not aware of problem.
discovering consumer problems- human factors research
human factor research-attempts to determine human capabilities in areas such as vision, strength, response time, and the effect of theses capabilities on lighting, temp, and sound.
helping consumer recognize problems
- generic problems recognition- involves a discrepancy that a variety of brands within a product category can reduce.
- selective problem recognitions- involves a discrepancy that only one brand can solve.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview