Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What can a hazardous incident involve?
An environmental disaster or a barricaded subject with or without a hostage
What strategy applies for all resolution?
CONTAIN, ISOLATE, and SECURE
What is the primary goal.
The preservation of human life
What are the priorities in the hierarchy?
- Lives of hostages.
- Lives of innocent citizens caught in the area.
- Lives of Police Officers
- Lives of suspects/barricaded subject.
What is key factor in decision-making?
When dealing with barricaded subjects, why is time NOT always on our side?
Delay can allow the suspect time to develop clandestine barriers and traps to apply against the police
- Immediately coordinate the containment and isolation of the situation by ensuring effective inner and outer perimeters
- Know the exact location and identity of each unit assigned to their perimeters
- Obtain the phone number and determine the exact location within structure
- Insure that a floor plan drawing of the location is prepared
- Direct the evacuation of innocents away from the scene.
- Take initial steps to disable or block any nearby vehicle to which the suspect might gain access.
Operations Incident Commander’s Responsibilities
- Establish radio frequency for conducting the operation.
- Obtain as much information as possible about the suspect(s) and hostages(s)
- Direct a staging area for responding officers and other support personnel and their equipment
- Direct the notification of other key command personnel
- Appoint an executive officer to take notes and follow-up on notifications.
- Establish a media command post separate from operations post
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview