53.) While at cruise altitude you note a fuel imbalance of 1300 lbs. You begin to balance the fuel, but immediately encounter moderate turbulence. What must be accomplished?
- - Immediately: An immediate notification of dispatch by the Captain is required.
- Contact Dispatch as soon as practical via the most expeditious means available (e.g., ACARS, radio, telephone).
- Upon arrival
: a logbook entry is required.
- Within 24 hours
: An Irregularity Report should be submitted no later than 24 hours following completion of the paring.
- The above notification and documentation also must occur when: the lateral imbalance is greater than or equal to 3,000 lb.
- Or, when the lateral imbalance exceeds 1,000 lb
. and during the following:
- ---- Taxi or Takeoff — when encountering noticeable roughness, hard ground turn, significant side load during taxi, or hard braking.
- ---- Flight (climb, cruise, descent)—When encountering moderate turbulence, significant load factors, or rapid or large control inputs.
- ---- Landing — when encountering moderately hard landing (as reported by the Pilot) on single main gear.
: FOM Chapter 22