Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -an acute infectious neuronitis of the CN and PN.
- -the immune system overreacts to the infection and destroys the myelin sheaths
- -preceded by a mild upper resp infxn or gastroenteritis
- -slow recovery (years)
*major concern: DOB (monitor breathing)
ASSESSMENT of GBS:
- Pain and/or hypersensitivity such as with the weight of bed sheets or other items touching the body
- Weakness of lower ext
- Gradual progressive weakness of the upper ext and facial muscles
- Possible progression of to resp failure
- CSF- elevated protein level
- Abn EEG
- Cardiac dysrhythmias
- ☑ Tx of sx
- ☑ Monitor resp status
- ☑ Resp tx
- ☑ Resp support
- ☑ Cardiac status
- ☑ Cx of immobility
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview