O.G. 3.2 PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTION / FAILURE REPORTING
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The PPE ensemble includes any of the following: 6 things
- 1. Helmet
- 2.PBI Hood
- 6.Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) including facepiece
Does normal wear (i.e., a worn SCBA strap, worn turnouts, gloves, etc.) constitute a failure or malfunction?
does not constitute a failure or malfunction
What will be written on tag when tagging damaged PPE?
- brief description of the damage
- date of incident
- Write and underline on the tag the word "failure" or "malfunction"
The Officer, with the individual who experienced the failure or malfunction, will write a detailed description of the incident and circumstances at the time of the failure or malfunction. What needs to be included in the description?
apparatus or equipment serial numbers
When writing a description of equipment failure who will this information be forwarded to? PPE and SCBA
- PPE - Uniform Officer ,Logistics Staff Captain and Chief Safety Officer
- SCBA – forward to the Apparatus Supervisor, Logistics Staff Captain and Chief Safety Officer
Who should a firefighter notify when they have a equipment or ppe failure?
Who does a officer notify when they or their crew member have a ppe or equipment failure?
On duty battalion chief and forward necessary work repair request
Who does a chief officer notify when one of their subordinates has a ppe or scba failure?
Chief safety officer
Should members make a effort to repair or alter the article or equipment before sending it in or notifying supervisor?
They shall not
What steps should be done if failure happens at an emergency scene? (2 steps)
- Notify your immediate supervisor
- Retrieve and maintain control of the article or equipment in question
If a SCBA fails on a emergency scene what part of the SCBA shall be retrieved?
harness, cylinder and facepiece
If a failure happens at a emergency scene what will the chief officer do?
- notify the appropriate member at Logistics to evaluate the failure
- develop a plan to resolve the issue
- notify the manufacturer
Who will determine the need for a safety advisory to inform employees of the hazard and/or to implement techniques to prevent future occurrences.
Chief Safety Officer
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview