Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Method of Comparison
Statisticians use methods of comparisons. They want to know the effect of a response of a treatment (Vaccine) on a response (like getting herpes).
Treatment Group vs Control Group
- Treatment group gets treatment
- Controlled get nothing
- Usually it is hard to compare the effect of a treatment without comparing it without something else
- If treatment group improve against control group who didn't the response is likely due to the treatment
- if treatment group is comparable to controlled group look for confounding factors
- to make sure control group is like treatment investigators put subjects into treatment or controlled groups at random (randomized controlled experiments).
Double Blind experiment
- The subject do not know whether they are in the treatment or controlled group. Neither do they who evaluate the responses.
- This guards against bias either in the response or in the evaluation
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview