The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A mentally ill person may request psychiatric treatment or agree to go to a mental health facility. Before this voluntary admission is done, an officer must ensure?
- The person is not an immediate danger to themselves or others.
- Has no apparent injuries
- Is not intoxicated or under the influence of any drugs or narcotic
- No pending criminal charges
If a supervisor is not available, who must the officer notify why a mental health individual was not involuntarily admitted.
A CIT member.
What are the baker act receiving facilities for adults?
- Henderson 2400 NW 19th Street
- Atlantic Shores
- University Pavillion
How many baker act facilities for juveniles
- University Pavilion
- Fort Lauderdale
For voluntary admission to a mental health facility for care, the subject must not
- Displayed any behavior that may pose an immediate danger to themselves or others.
- No apparent injuries and is not intoxicated or under the influence of any drugs or narcotics.
- No criminal charges pending against the person.
For voluntary admission to a mental health facility, the assigned officer shall
Notify a supervisor and prepare a police report documenting why the individual was not involuntarily admitted.
Officers shall transport all juveniles in need of mental health services to the nearest juvenile receiving facility
unless approved by a Captain to transport to another facility
Anyone seeking release of a weapon will be advised that
- a court order is required
- a letter from a Medical Health Professional,
- A discharge summary indicating that the individual does not pose a threat to themselves or others.
A supervisor will respond to the scene of all Involuntary Baker Acts. If a supervisor is not available then
a CIT member will respond
What is the primary facility for Marchman Act
Broward Addiction Recovery Center (BARC)
A secondary facility will be the South Broward Hospital District (SBHD – Memorial Hospital)- DOES NOT TREAT COCAINE ADDICTION
- Juveniles do not need the consent of their parents
- Police can transport ONLY with supervisor approval