Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Shelly: We want to paint all the rooms – the baby room's going to be green, with animals on the walls; it's going to be so cool.
- David: Mm. Shelly, is Paul going to the match tonight?
- Shelly: Huh? Um, I don't think so, no. Anyway. The kitchen's just perfect. Paul chose it, and you can see the garden from the window. The living room is so big, oh my God, I love it! So we're having a house warming ...
David: Who's that? Let's see...
- Shelly: ... um, yeah, we're having a house warming party next Saturday. If you're free, would you like to come?
- David: Pff, I'd better reply to this text... Don't you hate it when your boss sends you messages at the weekend? Any time something comes into his head. Never waits till
- Monday, no...
Shelly: David! Do you fancy coming to the house warming party?
Or the baby shower
? We're having a baby shower at the end of the month
David: What? What house warming? What?
Shelly: David?You know what? Forget it.
Shelly: So what do you think? Isn't the garden just so cool?
- Eric: Yeah, right. It's sooo huge. And what a great swimming pool!
- Shelly: That's not a swimming pool. It's for fish!!
- Eric: Is it really?
Shelly: I love our bedroom, the big windows – we're going to get this amazing bed. It's a bit expensive, but...
Eric: Oh, it's expensive. What a surprise.
Shelly: What does that mean?
Shelly: Well, look, we're having a house warming party on Saturday. And then we're having a baby shower at the end of the month. It’ll be a family get-together.
Mum and Dad will be there. How about coming with Anna?
Eric: Um, no, sorry, I can't. I'm busy that day.
Shelly: Eric, I haven't told you what day!
Eric: Saturday, the house warming thing. I'm busy.
Shelly: Ah, but how about the baby shower? All the family will be there.
Eric: Oh my God
. How boring...
Shelly: Shut up!
It's our first baby!!That's not boring.
Eric: Look, I'm sorry. Anna's not speaking to me. Sorry. I'd love to come to the baby shower.Yes. I'd like that
. I'll be alone. But yes, I'd love to.
Shelly: Oh come on, Eric, you're my brother. You won't be alone...
Shelly: Hi, Katy? How are you?
Katy: Tired. I went to my sister’s engagement party last night and I didn’t get home until late. How are you? How's the baby bump? (tripita de embarazada)
Shelly: Oh, it's so huge!
Katy: Oh wow, you must be so excited!
Shelly: I am, yes. We are. Listen, we're having a house warming party next Saturday. It's my birthday too. Do you fancy coming?
Katy: Oh, I'd love to! Great idea! What fun!
Shelly: And then we're having a baby shower at the end of the month, it's a family get-together, so my cousin Daniel will be there...
Katy: Oh, he's so cute! Oh my God! I have to go. Yes, please. I'd love to! Shall I bring a present...? What do you need for the baby...?
Leave your message after the beep.
- Hi, it's me. Listen, do you fancy coming
- to the new pub in town tonight? There's a
- concert and apparently the band is so good.
- Anyway. Call me back, OK? Cheers.
- Excuse me, could I possibly, um, invite you
- for coffee some time? I see you every day,
- and um...
- Oh. Um.Thank you. I'm sorry, I can't really. I, er, I don't like coffee.
- Hi. Um. Some friends of mine have just
- moved into a new house and I would like
- to invite you to come to the house warming
- party with me tonight.
- Oh! That's a surprise! Yes, that would be
- great, thank you.
- Do you fancy going for a sandwich after
- work this evening?
- I'd love to, but I'm sorry I can't tonight. I'm going to the doctors right now.
- Ah, OK. Don't worry about it. See you
- Could I possibly ask you to come to the
- theatre with me this evening?
Oh, I'd love to, really, but I'm afraid I have
a family dinner. Perhaps another time?
Well, how about going to
the office Christmas party together?
It would be a pleasure. I'd like that.