Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 3 steps to installing a CPU?
- 1. homework --correct mobo with correct processor
- 2. ESD
- 3. Heatsink and fan
How do you determine compatibility of CPU to MOBO?
- 1. AMD or Intel?
- 2.Pin grid array (pga) or land grid array (lga)
- (pins or flat)-beware of sockets
- 3.CPU speed-determined by the chipset and bios on mobo
How do you adjust CMOS settings?
- 1. manually with a jumper on the mobo
- 2. with software
- 3 changing a cmos setting
what is it called when you deliberately change these settings to enhance performance;
How do you overclock?
- 1. increase the bus speed
- 2. increase the voltage slightly to the CPU
True or false-
it is safe to do both of the previous things at the same time
false- 1 at a time and document what you have done
What does CMOS clear do?
brings cmos back to default settings
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview