Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A loaf of bread is better than many birds' songs.
- In any situation, food comes first.
세 살 적 버릇 여든까지 간다
- What is learned in the cradle is carried to the tomb.
- Habits die hard.
- A pie in the sky.
- A prize beyond reach.
떡 줄 놈은 생각지도 않는데 금칫국부터 마신다
- Catch the bear before you sell its skin.
- Don't get ahead of yourself.
원숭이도 나무에서 떨어질 때가 있다
- Even a monkey sometimes falls from the tree.
- Happens to the best of us.
고래 싸움에 새우 등 터진다
- A shrimp gets caught in a whale's fight.
- An innocent bystander gets hurt in a fight.
믿는 도끼에 발등 찍힌다
- Trust is the mother of deceit.
- Get stabbed in the back.
아니 땐 굴뚝에 연기 나랴
Where there's smoke, there's fire.
배보다 배꼽이 크다
- The belly button is bigger than the belly.
- The repairs cost more than the car.
빈 수레가 더 요란하다
Empty vessels make the greatest sound.
누워서 침 뱉기
Curses, like chickens, always come home to roost.
호랑이도 제 말 하면 온다
Speak of the devil.
제 눈의 안경
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
바늘 도둑이 소 도둑 된다
He that steals an egg will steal an ox.
꼬리가 길면 밟힌다
- If a tail is long, it will be pulled.
- An evil deed will be discovered.
돌다리도 두들겨 보고 건너라
Look before you leap.
윗물이 맑아야 아랫물이 맑다
Parents are patterns.
소 잃고 외양간 고친다
To lock the stable door after the horse has been stolen.
콩 심은 데 콩 나고 팥 심은 데 팥 난다
You reap what you sow.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview