Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- ~a group of kidney d/o. (+) inflammatory injury in the GLOMERULUS.~proliferative and inflammatory changes within the glomerular structure~destruction, inflammation and sclerosis of the glomeruli of the kidneys occur
- ~loss of kidney fxn develops.
- immunologic dse
- antecedent B-hemolytic streptococcal infection of the pharynx or skin
- hx of pharyngitis or tonsillitis 2-3 weeks before sx
- 1. ACUTE:
- -occurs 2-3 weeks after streptococcal infection.
- 2. CHRONIC:
- -may occur after the acute phase or slowly overtime.
- kidney failure
- hypertensive encephalopathy
- pulmonary edema
- heart failure
- AM (more prominent): periorbital edema and facial edema
- decreased UO
- cloudy, smoky, dark-colored urine (hematuria)
- pallor, irritability, lethargy
- older child: headache, abdominal or flank pain, dysuria
- proteinuria that produces a persistent and excessive foam in the urine
- azotemia (high levels of nitrogen-containing compounds (such as urea, creatinine, various body waste compounds, and other nitrogen-rich compounds) in the blood).
- increased BUN and crea
- increased anti-streptolysin titer (used to dx d/o caused by streptococcal infections)
- -VS, I&O, characteristics of urine
- -daily weight (same time, same scale and using the same clothes)
- -limit activity; safety
- -diet: restrict Na; restrict K in periods of oliguria.
- -wof: cx
- -diuretics: if (+) edema and fluid overload
- -antihypertensive (+) hypertension
- -antibiotics (+) streptococcal infection
- -seizure precaution: give anticonvulsants,
- -report: bloody urine, headache or edema
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview