Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: if anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this scroll.
Is anything too hard for the Lord?
God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them
- You shall have no other Gods before me
- You shall not make for yourself an image in the from of anything in heaven above or on the Earth beneath or in the waters below
- you shall not bow down to them or worship them
- For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of their parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me
- but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments
- And the Lord said ,
- "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord in your presence
- I will have mercy and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion
- The LORD said to Moses
- "speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: be holy because I, the Lord your God , am holy
- Each of you must respect your mother and father and you must observe my sabbaths
- I am the Lord your God
- God is not human that he should lie
- not a human being that he should change his mind
- Does he speak and not act?
- Does he promise and not fulfill?
Do not put the Lord your God to the test as you did at Massah
- This day I call the heavens and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses
- Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
- and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him
- For the Lord is your life and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Issac and Jacob
- but if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve
- whether the God your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living
- But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord
- I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in my heart and mind
- I will firmly establish his priestly house, and they will minister before my appointed one always
- the Lord does not look at the things people look at
- people look at outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart
The Lord gave David victory wherever he went
- So God said to him,
- "Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself,
- nor have you asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administrating justice
- I will do what you have asked
- I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be
- Moreover I will give you what you have not asked for - both wealth and honor - so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings
- And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my decrees and commandments as David your father did, I will give you a long life
- don't be afraid, the prophet answered
- those who are with us are more than those who are with them
- And Elisha prayed, "open his eyes Lord so that they may see"
- Then the Lord opened the servants eyes and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha
- Hezekiah trusted in the Lord, the God of Israel
- There was no one like him among all the kings of Judah, either before him or after him
- he held fast to the Lord and did not stop following him
- he kept the commands the Lord had given to Moses
- And the Lord was with him; he was succesful in whatever he undertook
- He rebelled against the king of Assyria and did not serve him
- David said to Gad,
- I am in deep distress, let me fall into the hands of the Lord, for his mercy is very great
- but do not let me fall into human hands
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview