The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Personal Selling?
- What is Personal Selling?
- company representative interacts directly with or customer to communicate about a good or service, and to build the relationship
What is Personal Selling?
What is personal selling benefit?
When is it appropriate to use personal selling
company representative interacts directly with or customer to communicate about a good or service, and to build the relationship.
- 1.detailed explanation of producat
- 2.many sales message
- 3.controllable adjustable selling cost.
- 4.effective promotion satisfaction for customer
- 1.firm use push strategy
- 2.consumers need assistance
- 3.goods/service are costly
- 4.personal selling is more important
What is the difference between transactional and relationship selling?
- sell 1. products. 1. advice,assistance
- focus on 2.closing sales 2.customer's bottom line
- sales planning 3.limited 3.top priority
- 4.discuss product 4.build problem-solving
- 5.product-specific needs 6.discovery operations
- approach 6. lone wolf 6.team
- focus 7.pricing 7.benefit
- 8.short-term sales 8.long-term sales
What are the steps in personal selling? Can you explain what each step consists of?
- 1.prospect and qualify.
- prospecting is the process by which a sales person identifies and develops a list of potencial customer.
- Compile background information about prospective customers and plan the sles interview.
- 3.approach:the sales person tries to learn more about prospect's needs,create a good impression,and build good relationship.
- 4.sales presentation:the part of selling process in which the salesperson directly communicates the value proposition to the customer and invites two-way communication.
- 5.handle objections. handing the objection successfully can move a prospect to the decision stage,
- 6.close the sales.the stage of the selling process in which the salesperson actually asks the customer to buy the product.Directly asking the customer for her business doesn't need to be painful.
- 7.follow-up.activities after the sale that provide important services to customer.
What are the steps in sales management? Can you explain what each step consists of?
- 1.designing salesforce strategy and structure.
- a sales force strategy establish important specifics such as the structure and size of a firm's sales force.Each salesperson is responsible for a set group of customers-her sales territory.
- 2.recruitiing and selecting salespeople and training salespeople.
- the quality of a sales force an make or break a firm, a top priority for sales managers is to recruit and hire the right people to do right thing.sales training teaches salespeople about the organization,goods,service.
- 4.compensating salespeople.good way to motivate salespeople is to pay them well.
- 5.supervising salespeople.supervision is essential to an effective sales force.sales manager often require salespeople to develop monthly,weekly.
- 6.evaluating salespeople. a slaes manager's job isn't complete until she evaluates the total effort of the sales force.
What is direct marketing?
What are the advantages and limitations of direct marketing(to buyers)(to seller)?
- Direct communication to a consumer or business recipient to generate a response in the form of an order,a request for further information,and a visit to a store or other place of business for purchase of a product.
- Direct marketing consists of direct connections with targeted individual consumers.
- 2.easy use
- 4.ready access to products
- 6.globalizes the product source
- 7.increase product access.choice.
- 1.powerful tool for building customer relationships.
- 2.target small group.
- 3.tailor offers to individual needs.
- 4.timed to reach prospects at the right moment.
- 5.gives access to buyers they could not reach through other channels.
- 6.offers a low-cost,efficient way to reach market.
- 7.allows specialized businesses to succeed.
Limitations of direct marketing
- 1.price competition is intense.
- 2.customers must wait for delivery
- 3.lack of security
- 4.no chance to touch an feel goods.
- 5.expensive to return items.
- 6.potential exists for a breakdown in human relationship.
- 7.develoing countries with cash economies cant easily pay.
What is the importance of a good database for direct marketing?
organized collection of comprehensive data about individual customers or prospects,including geographic,demographic,psychographic,and behavioral data.