Cab signal system rules.txt
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Trains operating on tracks where CSS rules are in effect must be equipped with _____ ____ ____ _____ in the lead unit, unless otherwise authorized by timetable.
Operative train control apparatus.
When movement of non equipped trains is authorized, such movement will be made _______ ____ . The RTC must note in the Record of Train Movements any train not equipped.
On all engines and cab cars, train control apparatus must be ___ __ and the ATC Mode selector switch must be in the _____ _____ position at all times, except when operating where MBS rules are in effect.
Cut in, Mode Forward.
Trains entering CSS territory from any non CSS track must operate at _____ _____ passing the location where CSS rules take effect and not increase speed u till the train has traveled one train length in CSS territory.
A daily cab signal test must be performed on train control apparatus by a _____ no more than 24 hours prior to the departure of a train from a terminal or turnaround point.
Qualified Maintenance Person.
When there is no Cab Signal Certification form ME-8c in the cab on the leading end of the train the Engineer shall perform a ___ _____ _____ ____ prior to operating equipment, in accordance with instructions in MN-401.
Cab Signal Departure Test.
A Road Train Cab Signal Test will be performed by the engineer each time he sets up a cab for operation as lead unit on a train. The Road Train Cab Signal test will consist of:
1) examining all train control apparatus cut out switches for proper position and application of seals.
2) inspecting the Cab Signal Certification Form (ME-8c) to ensure test completion within past 24 hours.
3) examining a lighted aspect of the cab signal display to ensure the system is energized.
4) testing the audible indicator
5) if the engine is not equipped with a mode selector switch ensuring that the ATC is activated
When a cab signal changes to a more restrictive indication the engineer must immediately:
1) acknowledge the audible indicator
2) if the train speed is greater than the speed authorized by the cab signal indication, apply the brakes until the train speed is reduced to the authorized speed.
When a cab signal changes to a more favorable indication train speed shall not be increased until the train has traveled?
One train length.
When a cab signal indication momentarily changes(flips) the engineer will make a report to the RTC by radio as soon as possible, including the following information:
3) cab signal indications involved
4) whether the flip required acknowledgment.
A train will be considered to have a train control apparatus failure(failed train)when any component of the train control apparatus fails to operate as intended, such as:
1) the audible indicator fails to sound when required or continues sounding when not required.
2) the speedometer is inoperative, reading 0 mph when the train is moving or there is a constant no motion (v zero) indication
3) it is necessary to operate the cut out switch for the cab signals, ATC, ATS, or any other component of the train control apparatus, except when necessary for operation in MBS territory.
4) damage or fault occurs to any part of the train control apparatus.
5) the train experiences continuous cab signal flips.
6) when the train receives a cab signal indication( other than flip) that is not in conformity with fixed signal indication or other observable track occupancy or track conditions.
If cab signal indication is more favorable than fixed signal indication, track occupancy, track conditions, or allowable speed for diverging route, the engineer will?
Immediately bring his train to a stop and call the RTC for instructions.
When a train experiences an enroute train control apparatus failure, the ____ must be notified of the nature of the failure as soon as possible.
When a train experiences an enroute train control apparatus failure, the engineer will ___ ___ only those portions of the train control apparatus that are necessary to allow movement of the train, in accordance with MN-401.
Engineers will complete a cab signal incident report and submit this report to
Yard aster or employee in charge prior to completing his assignment.
When train control apparatus failure occurs, train must not proceed until?
Engineer has notified the conductor and when practicable the conductor must be positioned in or adjacent to the controlling cab to observe conditions and communicate signals.
_____ _____ __ __ __ must be notified of train control apparatus failure.
Other members of the crew.
When a train control apparatus failure has occurred, the train control apparatus will be considered inoperative until repaired by a?
From the point of failure to the next interlocking signal, a failed train will operate at?
For all subsequent blocks the RTC must display the ______ ___ ____for failed trains.
Absolute block signal.
When governed by an Absolute Block Signal, failed trains will operate at?
- Slow speed within interlocking limits..
- MAS not exceeding 59mph outside of interlocking limits, approaching interlocking signals prepared to stop.
When an RTC can not display an Absolute Block Signal, failed trains may with verbal permission of the RTC accept a proceed cab indication and proceed at?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview