Card Set Information
CTC rules are in effect on tracks indicated in the?
Line special instructions or by bulletin order.
In the event of a failure of the CTC system?
MBS rules may be substituted in accordance with Rule 12- L
Trains must not enter or foul a main track after being clear of it, unless authorized by
Fixed signal indication or verbal permission of the RTC.
The RTC will not permit trains to operate against the established direction of traffic unless the track is known to be?
Clear of opposing moves and blocking devices applied.
Assist trains for disabled trains may be authorized to operate in the opposite direction of the disabled train:
1) the disabled train must be issued a Form M Line 7.
2) the assisting train will be issued Form M Line 8 authority after the RTC has determined that the track to be used is clear to the location of the disabled train.
3) the crew of the disabled train must provide Flag protection for their train a distance of 1/4 mile in the direction from which the assisting train is approaching.
4) the assisting train must operate at restricted speed between the locations specified on line 8.
Trains and track cars will not move without verbal permission of the RTC when?
1) movement has been stopped between controlled points by instruction of the RTC
2) a new crew takes charge of unattended equipment located on a main track.
When a train has cleared a main track at a hand operated switch and switches have been restored to normal position the ______, ______, or ______ _____ _______ must report clear to the RTC.
Engineer, conductor or other designated employee.
Equipment that may not shunt track circuits must have the permission of the ____ before operating in CTC territory.
In CTC territory trains must have ___________ in order to make a reverse movement. Before permission is given the RTC must determine that the track to be used is clear of opposing movements.
Verbal permission of the RTC.
_________ _____ , when stopped at an interlocking signal governing their route may accept signal indication to make a reverse movement without verbal permission of the RTC.