Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Interlocking rules are in effect at all interlocking and at locations designated in the?
Line special instructions or by bulletin order.
Interlocking appliances must not be operated when a train, engine or track car is?
Standing on or closely approaching that appliance.
When an interlocking signal has been cleared for an approaching movement the signal must not be changed to a stop signal until:
1) the train is stopped, as confirmed by a member of the train crew or other qualified employee.
2) the engineer informs the RTC that the train can be safely stopped before reaching the signal.
When may a signal be immediately changed to a stop signal?
In an emergency.
When a proceed interlocking signal changes to a stop signal, before the movement reaches the signal the movement must be?
Stopped as quickly as safe train handling permits.
Permission to pass a stop signal may be given when?
A proceed interlocking signal cannot be displayed.
The train or track car must be ______ at the signal before permission is given to pass the signal.
The employee receiving the permission to pass a stop signal must?
Repeat the permission to the RTC and the RTC must confirm it prior to beginning movement.
Trains or track cars receiving end permission to pass a stop signal must operate T restricted speed until:
1) entire length of train has passed a location where a more favorable cab signal indication is received.
2) train or track car enters MBS territory.
3) track car is clear of interlocking territory and is proceeding on Form M authority.
When an RTC stops a train the train must not?
Move in either direction without verbal permission of the RTC.
Non-shunting equipment. Who must notify the RTC when the movement cleared interlocking limits?
Employee in charge.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview