Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Form M's must be _______ and without _______ or __________.
Legible and without erasure or alteration.
Only authorized abbreviations listed in the _________ _______ or _________ _______ ________, may be used on Form M's.
Operating rules or timetable special instructions.
Form M's must be received by employees who are qualified on ____ ____ ______ ______and _______ __________ of the territory where the Form M will take effect.
Metro North Operating Rules and Physical Characteristics.
Form M's must not be received by employees who are _____ ___ ______ of a moving train or track car.
Operating the controls.
Form M's will not be transmitted to the crew of a moving train when in the opinion of the ______, _______ or ____ the Form M cannot be transmitted and copied without impairing the operation of the train.
Engineer, conductor or RTC.
Form M's are being dictated and repeated, numerals in the address and on lines 1 through 14 must be pronounced _____ ____ ____.
Digit by digit.
When Form M's are issued using radio or telephone the RTC will
1) inform the train or track car that there is a Form M to be issued and ask if the employee is ready to receive the Form M.
2) the employee receiving the Form M will state his name, identification or call sign, location and that he is ready to copy the Form M.
3) the RTC will dictate the Form M, starting with the top line and working down the form in order through line 14. On lines 1 through 14, the RTC will dictate the full wording of the line, including line number and the preprinted words.
4) once the Form M has been repeated correctly, the RTC will provide the time effective, and the RTC's name. The employee receiving the Form M will then repeat the time effective, the RTC's name and will provide his craft and last name.
When Form M's are physically delivered at an interlocking, the fixed signal must display ______ and _____ ______ _____.
Stop and blocking devices applied.
If an error is discovered in a Form M ____ ___ _____ ___ ____ _________, the RTC must direct all receiving employees to destroy their copies. The RTC will mark the office copy void. The Form M must be re-issued under a new permit number.
Prior to giving the time effective.
If an error is discovered in a Form M after giving the time effective, the Form M must be _________.
What information can be added to a Form M once it is made effective?
1) blocks clear(line 11)
2) extension of time allowed under line 1, 2 or 3 authority( line 13)
3) cancellation or fulfillment information.
4) the name and the craft of the employee receiving the Form M.
When a Form M is added to the RTC must specify to the receiving employee the _____ _____ and the date of the Form M being modified.
Form M's remain in effect until _____ or ________.
Fulfilled or cancelled.
Form M's that are fulfilled or cancelled must have the ____ and _____ noted on the appropriate line and marked with an X through the body of the form
Date and time.
Fulfilled or cancelled Form M's must be retained for inspection for a period of __ days by RTC's and ___ day by all other employees.
1 and 7.
Form M's will be numbered ______. By dispatching district beginning each day at 0001 hours.
For trains, the Form M must be addressed to the _____ and _______ , plus the _____ if applicable and must include the schedule number if a scheduled train, the word extra and direction if not a scheduled train, the engine number and the location of the employee receiving the Form M.
Conductor, and engineer, plus the pilot if applicable.
True or false? It is not required for Scheduled trains to receive a time limit for their line 1 authority?
When a time limit has been given, one extension of time may be authorized on the original Form M authority using Line 13.
If speed signs are not in service, the milepost locations must be ____ _______. Centenary locations or other clearly defined points may also be used and must include the milepost location.(miles and tenths)
How many Line 13 extensions may be issued for each Form M?