Classical Roots #2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. To make of declare something sacred.
2. To dedicate something a goal.
To denounce as vile or evil; to curse; to detest
Something considered to have sacred significance
Disrespect to something regarded as sacred.
Sacred (often used ironically)
Pretending to be righteous
1. Approval; support; permission (noun)
2. (usually plural) A penalty for breaking with law or custom (verb)
A sacred place; any place of refuge
A group organized by rank
1. Written with pictures to represent sounds or meanings of words
2. Hard to read.
To make amends for; to atone for.
Religious devotion; great respect toward something, especially parents
Sacrilegious; profane; lacking appropriate reverence or respect.
A meager portion of anything, especially an allowance salary.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview