Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
formed when atoms lose or gain an electron
- the atomic weight
- the combined mass of all particles in an atom
- Protons and neutrons (electrons are small enough their mass isn't included )
- Bottom number on the elements square in periodic table
- Atoms which vary in the number of neutrons
- recall that a neutral atom of a particular element has equal number of electrons and protons, so the + and - charges cancel out
- The number of neutrons can vary, which changes the atom's mass by not chemical properties
- number of protons
- top number on the elements square in periodic table
sum of protons and neutrons
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview