Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Position to Rendezvous After a Crash
- Initally 12 o'clock
- Then 3, 9, and 6 o'clock
Proper shut-down procedure for aeromedical aircraft
Throttle, fuel, battery, rotor brake, oxygen
Critical phase of flight
A critical phase of flight includes everything except straight level flight.
What is priority post crash?
Shelter from elements is priority, which includes building a fire
Notify pilot of hazard by..
- announce location, hazard and heading
- ex.-"10 o'clock, aircraft 5 miles, same flight level, closing."
- Visual flight rules
- you may fly VFR only in VMC
visual meteorological conditions
- Instrument flight rules
- you must fly IFR in IMC
- Instrument meterological conditions
- you may never fly VFR in IMC
Emergency Locator Transmitter
- 121.5 Hz
- triggered with a 4G impact
- manually triggered if it does not trigger automatically
- can be removed from aircraft
- uses an internal battery and antenna
Direct communication with ground crews
Direct communication with ground crews is a requirement for a night LZ
Flight visibility is reported as...
- ceiling followed by visibility
- Ex. "500 and 2" means a 500ft ceiling and 2 mile visibility
Runway designations are based upon the heading of the aircraft on said runway, less the '0' at the end of the heading.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview