The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Class 1 - Intentional use of deadly force
- Intentionally discharging a firearm, regardless of intent
- Intentional use of baton, motor vehicle, fists or other weapon, which results in great bodily harm
Class 2 - Intentional use of non-deadly force
- Chemical agents
Who takes charge of the scene on a Class 1 use of force
Who notifies command staff on a Class 1 use of force?
The Shift/Duty Lieutenant
The supervisor’s responsibilities on a Class 1 use of force
- secure scene
- ensure necessary medical aide is provided
- assign a member to maintain crime scene log
- detail use of force in report in forward to IA
- attempt to detain any possible witnesses
Who shall be in overall command of the investigation.
The Homicide Squad Supervisor
Who shall a police officer surrender their weapon to in a deadly use of force
- Crime Scene Unit
- Homicide Squad Detective
When will an officer involved in a deadly use of force be questioned?
After "Miranda Warning" has been given and waived
Who will remove police officers from a deadly force scene
Homicide Squad Supervisor
TRUE OR FALSE
Is it necessary for a sergeant to respond to ALL class 2 use of force?
- Only if the supervisor determines further investigation is necessary
The supervisor shall respond to the scene under the following situations:
- If requested by the arresting Officer
- Injury requiring medical clearance
- Complaint of Injury, whether visible or non-visible
- Jail Refusal of admittance due to injury
- BSO Medical advises FLPD of prisoner’s complaint of injury
In lieu of medical clearance, can a NTA be issued?
Not unless a supervisor responds and approves the issuance of the NTA and initials top corner
How often will the internal affairs unit submit a response to resistance review