The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The GE workout short case (article)
- GE wants there employees to question why things are done that way.
- CEO want to hear about they problems and concerns
- GE is continually reinventing itself
What is OD? and aspect of it
- Long-range efforts and programs aimed at improving an organization's ability to survive by changing problems-solving and renewal processes.
- -its planned
- -organization wide
- -managed from top down
- -increase organizational effectiveness & health
why do organizations begin change programs (OD)
- -level of competition
- -improve performance
- overall goal- increase profits
Who are practitioners? differences between internal and external? Pros and Cons.
- practitioner- a people that specialize in something
- External- new eyes, greater knowledge
- Internal- connection, relationship,
Stages of OD. Which takes the most time? what are the purpose of the different stages? 15
- 1- Anticipate need for change
- 2- Develop relationship with client
- 3- Diagnostic process
- 4-Action Plan,
- 5- Self Renewal,Monitor, and Stabilize
individual with innovative solutions to societies biggest problems.
- they want to hire and keep the right people
- they have a 3 month boot camp
- they demand a lot from employee
- but there is high reward for employees
- They have high liablity by people drinking and driving
- they are promoting a culture of work hard party hard