A train will be considered to have a train control apparatus failure(failed train) when any component of the train control apparatus fails to operate as intended, such as
1) the audible indicator fails to sound when required or continues sounding when not required.
2) the speedometer is inoperative reading 0 mph when train is moving, or there is a constant no motion (v zero) indication.
3) it is necessary to operate the cut out switch for the cab signals, ATC, ATS or any other component of the train control apparatus, except when necessary for MBS territory.
4) damage or fault occurs to any part of the train control apparatus.
5) the train experiences continuous cab signal flips.