w430 chapter 3 test 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is corporate culture? where does corporate culture come from?
- Corporate culture- interdependent set of beliefs, values and behavior that are common in a community.
- Comes from- Management values and behaviors Organization structure
what are the outcomes from a strong corporate culture ?
- slows boundary between organizations
- sense of identity for members
- enhance stability of social system
- stronger commitment
culture often key to success
- high performing companies having strong cultures
- many cultures fail to adapt to change
- mergers can lead to culture clashes
culture from 2 subcultures
- thoughts actions and work, managers define how and employee should act
- vision made by top management
- Outside factors define culture
- technology influence culture
- Process that adapats employees to culture
- become aware of norms
- employees encounter culture
how culture stays alive
- top management
what is the socialization process
- new employee (expectations)
- Encounter organizational culture
- Adjust to culture and norms
key factors to improve culture
- create a vision
- develope a mode for change
- reward change
tools to change culture
how long will it take?
- information- give the ppl info on why you are changing
- support- show that you are together and working as one
- resources- staff equipment, funds
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview