Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Whats the 5 initiatives in the MSP?
- 1. Enhancing delivery of all-hazards emergency services to the community.
- 2. Enhance communication
- 3. Community risk reduction & education.
- 4. Training, education, certification & succession planning.
- 5. Enhance the safety, health, & wellness of personnel.
What's the mission statement?
The HFD shall provide for a safer community through prevention, preparedness, & effective emergency response.
What's the vision statement?
The HFD will progressively advance our training, equipment, and technology to meet the ever changing and evolving needs of our community while providing for the safety and professional development of our personnel.
What are the 4 divisions in the HFD organization?
- 1. Administrative Services Bureau
- 2. Fire Operations
- 3.Planning & development
- 4. Support Services
What are our guiding principles?
- 1. Fiscal responsibility
- 2. Emerging Technology
- 3. Growing Infrastructure and community development.
- 4. Expanding population of elderly communities.
- 5. Sustainable practices.
What are the phases in the strategic planning process?
Phase 1: Conduct Internal and External surveys to define the strategic plan.
Phase2: Study issues, formulate strategies and draft a plan.
Phase 3: Draft plan review and comment-completion of final draft
What are the HFD resources?
- 43- Fire stations
- 43- Engine companies
- 8- Quint companies
- 5- Ladder companies
- 2- Tower companies
- 2- Rescue companies
- 2- Hazmat companies
- 2- Helicopters
- 1- Tender
- 5- Tankers
- 8- Rescue Watercrafts
What are the 5 strategic initiatives under initiative1(Enhance delivery of all-hazards emergency services to the community)?
- 1.1 - Improve fire suppression systems (1-3yrs)
- 1.2 - Broaden the rescue response system to inc. new technology (1-2 yrs)
- 1.3 - Enhance hazmat response capabilities (1-3 yrs)
- 1.4 - Enhance the Emergency medical response program (2-5 yrs)
- 1.5 - Build an all-hazards incident management team (2-5 yrs)
What are the 2 types of communications under initiative 2?
List the 5 strategic initiatives under initiative 2 (Enhance Communications)?
- 2.1.1- Refine emergency ops comms. (1-3)
- 2.1.2 - Improve nonemergency comms within dept.(3-5)
- 2.2.1 - Utilize technology to provide info to public. (1-3)
- 2.2.2 - Maximize nonemergency, face-to-face comm with public (1-3)
- 2.2.3 - Improve relations with external agencies.(1-3 yrs)
List the 5 strategic initiatives under initiative 3 (Community risk reduction & education)?
- 3.1 - Develop a community risk-reduction plan.
- 3.2 - Adopt current fire codes and standards.
- 3.3 - Improve public education in the community.
- 3.4 - upgrade internet related tech.
- 3.5 - Improve the fire prevention program.
List the 5 strategic initiatives under initiative 4 (Training, education and succession planning)?
- 4.1 - Continue and upgrade deliveries of classes, drills, and exercises based on national standards and trends.
- 4.2 - Improve the records management system for training documentation.
- 4.3 - promote high level certs, training, and education.
- 4.4 - Expand training delivery to inc new tech.
- 4.5 - Improve training and certification up to the state emergency medical tech-level
List the 5 strategic initiatives under initiative 5 (Enhance Safety, health and wellness of personnel)?
- 5.1 - Promote organizational culture to emphasize personnels safety, health, happiness, and well-being.
- 5.2 - Provide personnel with safety during all-hazards emergency responses.
- 5.3 - Enhance the Incident Safety Officer program to manage occupational risks.
- 5.4 - Promote wellness/fitness initiatives to enhance FF physical fitness and overall health.
- 5.5 - Enhance worksite health and safety through innovative facility design and emerging tech.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview