7 step brake check. (1-4)
level ground, wheels chocked, parking brake released, air gauge reads 120 psi, engine off
- 1. Air pressure loss rate
- static- no more than 2 psi in one minute
- applied- 3 psi in one minute
- 2. Low air pressure warning device
- Activaton- fan brakes to ensure the low air warning activates before pressure drops below 60psi
- 3. Emergency brake Activates around 20-40 psi, ensure it won't release
- 4. Compressor buildup rate Low air should stop as pressure rises over 60.
- Primary should fill first then hold at 80 psi. Then rise together.
- When both gauges rise check to see they rise form 85-100 in 45 seconds or less.