Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
person place or thing
ex. he, she, john, sharon, dog, ball, lamp
a word used to describe an action
ex. run, hear, call
A word that takes the place of a noun
ex. he she it him her them us me you
- something describing a verb
- So when you're reading a sentence, find the verb, and then find what adds meaning to it.
ex. The man ran quickly - ran is a verb - quickly adds meaning to the word ran
A descriptive word describing a noun.
ex. The red ball bounced across the rough, black street. RED describes ball, ROUGH and BLACK describe street.
A preposition links nouns, pronouns and phrases to other words in a sentence.
- ex.I prefer to read in the library.
- He climbed up the ladder to get into the attic.
- Please sign your name on the dotted line after you read the contract.
- Go down the stairs and through the door.
- He swam across the pool.
a conjunction is a joining word, combining two separate thoughts, phrases or clauses.
ex.And As Because But For Just as Or Neither Nor Not only So Whether Yet
a word added to a sentence to convey emotion.
ex.Ugh!, Eek!, or Wow!
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview