Muscles of the Chest
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Parts of the sternum
- Body of sternum
- Xiphoid process
- Proximal attachment: sternoclavicular jt (with sternum)
- Distal: acrimoclavicular jt (with acrimion)
- Funct: acts as a strut
- Proximal: sternocostal and clavicular portions
- Distal: Crest of the greater tubercle of the humerus
- N. lateral and medial pectoral n.
- Proximal: coracoid process
- Distal: 3-5 ribs
- Funct: pulls coracoid process, used in breathing
- N: medial pectoralis n.
- Proximal: 1st rib
- Distal: Interior surface of clavicle
- Funct: cushions arteries and nerves in event of fractured clavicle
- N.: C5 ramus of brachial plexus
Serratus anterior m.
- Proximal: 1st 8 ribs
- Distal: medial, inferior border of scapula
- Funct: holds scapula against thoracic wall
- N.: Long thoracic n. of c5, c6, c7
Identify these arteries
- 1. Subclavian a.
- 2. Superior thoracic a.
- 3. thoroacromial a.
- 4. Medial pectoral br. (?)
- 5. lateral thoracic a.
- 6. Deltoid br.
- 7. Lateral pectoral br. (?)
- 8. Acromial br.
- 9. Clavicular br.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview