Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name Fire 1 - Fire 6.
- Fire 1 - Fire Chief Manuel Neves
- Fire 2 - Deputy Fire Chief Lionel Camara Jr.
- Fire 3 (Operations) - AC Ronald Rico
- Fire 4 ( ASB) - AC Scott Lawton
- Fire 5 (Support services) - AC Socrates Brotakos
- Fire 6 ( Planning and Development) - AC Nathan Ramos Jr.
- Gauge- check air
- Activate- pass device
- Low- Stay low
- Illuminate- point light up
- Volume- make noise
- Exit- look for exits
- Shielding- if run out of air shield with glove or hood.
Whats the difference between an emergency distress call and a emergency alert call?
Emergency distress call is a call for assistance by saying "Mayday, Mayday, Mayday" (Mayday x 3)
Emergency Alert call, is a life-threatening situation is identified by a member.
How should you announce an emergency alert call?
- Emergency alert call shall include:
- name of company.
- nature of situation.
- action all personnel are to take.
ex. "Emergency Alert from Engine 16. The roof is collapsing. All personnel evacuate the building."
What is FCCs duties after hearing an "Emergency Alert"?
FCC shall immediately repeat the same announcement 2 times.
What info would you provide if you are calling a "Mayday"?
- All traffic will cease:
- 1. A brief description of situation and any special equipment or capabilities needed.
- 2. Number of persons affected
- 3. Location and identification of the members and companies involved.
- 4. Any special hazards to personnel attempting to assist.
What are some other warning signals for emergency evacuations?
A prolonged air horn blast by an apparatus.
How many members must be on a RIT Team?
At least 4. 2 in 2 out.
What does an IC do upon receiving mayday?
- 1. Clear all radio traffic.
- 2. Switch suppression ops to a secondary channel.
- 3. Gather info about the emergency
- 4. Initiate PAR.
- 5. Identify hazards and reevaluate the risk assessment.
- 6. Activate the RIT
- 7. Assign a RIT unit leader.
What type of tools and equipment does a RIT team have at the staging area?
- 1. Full PPE, SCBA, Mask. PASS device, HUD
- 2. Radio of reach member
- 3. RIT bag
- 4. Rescue Aire
- 5. Guideline
- 6. Flashlight for each member
- 7. Axe or haligan
- 8. Thermal Imagery Camera
- 9. Stokes
- 10. Heavy rescue equipment ( Air bags or Jaws of life)
- 11. Spare SCBA bottles (at least one per FF)
- 12. Ladder(s)
- 13. 1-1/2" bundles
- 14. 2-1/2" bundles
What emergency equipment should we have on our apparatus?
1- 2A10BC extinguisher, Triangles, 2 fuses of each rating the truck requires, and if equipped with breakers know how to reset them.
The levels of Threat con?
- 1. Green: Low (low risk of threat)
- 2. Blue: Guarded (general risk)
- 3. Yellow: Elevated (significant risk)
- 4. Orange: High (high risk)
- 5. Red: Severe (severe risk)
- 6. Black: Terrorist attack has occurred in Hawaii
How many PAS levels are there? Explain each.
- PAS level I:
- Single company response.
- PAS Level II:
- Multiple company responses.
- The IC shall make effort to delegate management positions and responsibilities of PAS.
- PAS level III:Multiple-company responses, including special conditions (ex. hazmat entry, devon, rescue)
When is a PAR required?
- 1. A report of a missing or trapped FF.
- 2. A change from offensive to defensive.
- 3. A company or crew does not acknowledge repeated calls.
- 4. A company or crew has not communicated within 10 minutes.
- 5. A determination to do so by the IC.
PAT issuance and maintenance
- Each member shall have a PAT
- Spare will be kept at your BC's office.
- PATs should be clipped on your top fastener of your turnout coat when not in use.
- If lost, CC will contact BC for spare.
- 74 explaining why lost, BC signs form. FF goes to storeroom for replacement.
- Returns spare to BC.
When are PASS devices batteries changed?
Quarterly, and journalized on the HFD 35A form.
What forms should be filled out when exposed to a infectious disease?
- HFD form 48 - Infectious Disease Exposure Incident form filled out asap.
- ISWC1- Report of injury/illness on the day of occurrence.
- HFFA - Personnel Exposure Report.
PAS when at high rise incident.
- Blue tag goes to lobby control.
- Yellow tags go to staging
- When assigned, get yellow back from staging and give the yellow and red tags to entry officer.
Explain the PAS system (Personnel Accountability System)
The IC can safely account for personnel under his command. Theres 8 components.
List the 9 components of the PAS system
- 1. PAT (Personnel Accountability Tag)
- 2. Apparatus Collection Ring (3" with the primary yellow company tag, placed on the dash in front the captains seat)
- 3. Company PAT (secondary blue tag)
- 4. Makeup Collection Ring (A 3" ring with blank PAT's kept in BC's vehicle)
- 5. HFD Form 28A (clipboard with battalions roster kept inside vehicle)
- 6. Incident Command Checklist
- 7. Command assignment board
- 8. Accountability points (sites to control access of personnel)
- 9. Crew- A group of 2 or more assigned to a common task under a single supervision
What is done to Form 28A every morning?
Update form 28A by 0800 hours daily and place form in all other battalions computer mailboxes.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview