Card Set Information
What do you look for when inspecting the windshield?
Locate/Id window seal.
Seal-pliable and not cracked.
Free of intersecting cracks or cracks greater than
DOT safety inspection decal
. ( located on the bottom right corner)
What's the difference between ID lights and clearance lights?
are the 2 lights on the front outside corners.
are the 3 in the front center of the roof.
What do the battery readings on a hydrometer mean?
1.260-1.280 (fully charged)
1.225-1.259 (75% charged)
less than must be charged.
Whats the tread depth of the front and rear wheels?
What % of damaged leaf springs will a apparatus be out of service?
its placed out of service.
If less its still operable but the shop shall be notified.
The push rod on the slack adjusters should not travel more than how much?
Not more than
. Slack adjusters on the same axle should be within
of each other.
During the power stroke (with service brake depressed) the push rod should not travel farther than?
What is the minimum amount of material allowed to be left on a brake shoe and brake pad?
Brake Shoe 1/4"
Brake Pad 1/8"
Where should the coolant level be?
No more than
from the radiator fill neck.
What is the max amount of play on all belts?
How much play should a clutch have?
of free play.
Normal operating pressure for oil?
Temperature gauge ratings?
Idling - 140 degrees to 160 degrees F.
*If it rises
above 205 degrees F, shut it down.
Show at least 13.75 volts
Steering wheel play?
or 2" on a 20" wheel.
What are the traits of a good driver?
- Mental and Physical Fitness
What is a good following procedure?
Fire Apparatus - 1 second for every 10 feet of distance under 40 mph. Above 40, add a second.
For type 3 - 2 second plus rule
What is the accident procedure?
- Stop immediately and give aid
- Notify FCC of the accident by radio or telephone
: location, persons involved, number and extent of injuries, involved vehicles/property, help with other resources.
- Accident packet includes registration, insurance, VARC-1, Automobile Loss Notice.
- Utilize Accident Packet to obtain drivers, witnesses, badge numbers, injured persons, license number, and description of vehicle and pics if possible.
What conditions means taking an apparatus out of service?
-Temp. gauge shows 205 F
- Air pressure indicator shows less than 90 psi or a leak of more than 3 psi per min for class B, and 4 psi for Class A
- Oil pressure gauge below 5 psi, or warning light shows.
- Flat tire or blowout.
- Unusual noise or smell indicating mechanical trouble.
Whats the minimum ladders on a ladder?
1- 40 ft ext
2- 35 ft ext
1- 28 ft ext
1- 20 ft single with hooks
1- 16 ft with hooks
1- 14 ft ext
1- 10 ft collapsible