Book 20 Community Relations
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How soon must a request for a ride along be made and to who?
In writing to the Chief 14 days prior to visit.
What is the length of stay for a ride along?
- 1 time only
- 2 days maximum stay.
Who does the LAFD allow on ride alongs in the ride along criteria?
- Fire and emergency service personnel
- Reporters and camera crews
- Elected officials
What is the ride along criteria for non fire service professionals?
- Requesting party must show a need
- No relatives or friends of LAFD unless they meet the criteria
- No explorers from other departments
- Length of stay is 8 hours maximum
- Indemnity agreement filled by station commander or company commander
What is the ride on criteria used for? Who is it approved by?
- Fairs and Festivals
- Approved by affected battalion commander. Unusual requests forward to bureau emergency services for approval
What is the criteria for a Ride On?
- Length of ride on: 1 time and in short duration
- Indemnity agreement: Filled out by station commander prior
- Remain available during ride on. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RESPONSE CRITERIA BE COMPROMISED.
- All members shall remain close to riding guest
- Ride on seated: All members must be seated in cab or jump seat with seat belt on.
- Apparatus shall proceed at minimal speed.
- Not allowed to respond: No participate allowed to respond emergency or non emergency.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview